Performance improvement, behavioural change and business transformation
Business change, performance improvement and organisational transformation should be part of business-as-usual.
Invest in people
Protect the environment
Be be more adaptive
Continuous performance improvement
Organisations are fluid and organic
In these conditions, the role of change leaders becomes critical to ensure organisations remain healthy regarding staffing and financial KPIs, relevant as far as the markets are concerned by continuously realigning themselves, and for the ambitious ones to ensure they thrive by remaining competitive.
Leverage agile, lean and six sigma
Create a tailored methodology to optimise operating models, reduce losses and invest capital in expanding efficiently and reach out to wider audiences
Performance improvement pillars
Establish your current position within the ecosystem based on your offering, business capability, operating model and strategic objectives. Set your future target state and begin the transition.
Define current state
- Data visualisation, business intelligence and analytics
- Value chain and supply chain analysis and deep dives
- Process value mapping, five whys, and root cause analysis
- Agile Scrum, stand-ups, brainstorming and storytelling
- Programme baseline assessment and fit-gap analysis
- Stakeholder interviewing and theme development
Define future state
- Target operating model and process design
- Enterprise architecture and service integration
- Capability transformation prioritised roadmap
- Green Book business case, including financial case
- Future-ready service dependency assessment
- External positioning via PESTLE and Porter 5 Forces
Drive the transition
- Transformation Office, PMO and Agile Scrum capabilities
- RAID centralisation and interface management services
- Integrated programme and project portfolio controls
- Stage gates management and assurance regimes
- Benefits realisation management and progress completion tracking
- Interactive dashboards, PoaP, SLT and STG management
Performance improvement, business change and transformation are necessary to ensure organisations remain competitive and play a prominent role within their operating ecosystems.
Start meaningful conversations
Performance improvement conversations:
- Is the UK Department for Work and Pensions equipped to cope with austerity?
- A future business operating model for Renault in the UK
- Adapting Ocado’s business operating model for a decade of British politically-led austerity
- Is HS2 still worth the investment, or has it become a political initiative?
- Are we ready to understand language models such as ChatGPT?
- Leaders are still stuck in an era where bullying, intimidation and harassment are used
- Continuous improvement requires leveraging tools and frameworks with regularity and consistency
- Monitor inflight trends using a visual business change radar
- Use a hybrid delivery methodology to gain sustainable competitive advantages
- Top strategic and technological trends for 2021 (vs 2020)